For general information on preventing storm drain pollution in Campbell call (408) 866-2150.
If you see illegal dumping in or near storm drains or creeks, please call the West Valley Clean Water Authority at (408) 354-5385, the City of Campbell Public Works Maintenance Division at (408) 866-2145, or 911 during non-business hours.
Working in partnership with the West Valley Clean Water Program and the Santa Clara Valley Urban Runoff Pollution Prevention Program, the City of Campbell strives to enhance the quality of life for our residents by working to ensure that only clean stormwater drains to our local creeks.
Programs and Policies to achieve these goals come in many different forms:
- Providing opportunities for the safe and proper disposal of old medications and items containing mercury
- Reducing the trash that makes its way into the creek by not allowing single use plastic bags and polystyrene containers
- Aggressive sweeping of City streets to keep trash from entering the storm drain system
- Installation of Full Trash Capture screens in existing storm catch basins to capture the trash before it can enter the creek
- Ensuring New Development projects provide stormwater treatment facilities consistent with the Low Impact Development requirements
- Promoting Green Street infrastructure like the Hacienda Green Street project to capture, clean and infiltrate water back into the ground
The California State Water Resources Board hosts a series of stormwater films that provide more information and can be viewed here: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/stormfilm/index.html