Who do I contact for an uplifted sidewalk or curb and gutter?
Due to budget constraints, the City of Campbell no longer administers an annual replacement program for sidewalk, curb and gutter areas.

A resident may contact the City and complete a request for an inspection of a sidewalk and/or curb and gutter. If the displaced area meets the City’s criteria for repair, the lift will be ground down or ramped. If this is not feasible, the flag of sidewalk will be removed and replaced with asphalt.

To report an uplifted sidewalk and or curb and gutter please contact the City of Campbell Public Works Maintenance Division at 408-866-2145, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and provide an address of the location along with your name and telephone number, or email us.

As an option, residents may apply for an encroachment permit with our Engineering Office and hire a contractor at their own expense to remove and replace the section of sidewalk. For more information about our encroachment permit process and applications, please continue reading or come in and visit us at City Hall, located at 70 North First Street in downtown Campbell. We are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that any work done within the public right of way requires an encroachment permit.

We do continue to maintain the removal and replacement lists should the budget situation improve and the Sidewalk Maintenance Repair Program is reinstated. At that point, the locations listed in the program will be addressed in the order they were received.

Show All Answers

1. I have questions about the tree in front of my house. Who do I contact?
2. Who do I contact to trim or remove a city street tree?
3. Who do I contact to trim or remove a private tree?
4. There is a pothole in my street. Who do I contact to fix it?
5. Where do I report damaged or missing signs?
6. There is a significant ponding in the curb and gutter area. What can I do?
7. Who do I contact for an uplifted sidewalk or curb and gutter?
8. How do I get my name on the waiting list for the Community Garden?
9. Who do I report graffiti to?
10. When will my street get swept?
11. Who do I call for sewer related problems?
12. Who do I call about a rodent problem?
13. I will be doing some construction and digging. How can I avoid hitting the underground utility lines?
14. Who do I contact if a tree / bush is blocking visibility or access to my street or sidewalk?
15. What are the water feature hours at the various parks in Campbell?
16. Who do I contact for bees or wasps in the city’s right of way?
17. Who do I contact for dead or stray animals in the city’s right of way?
18. Who do I contact to report a stray shopping cart?