The Museum offers four traveling trunks available for monthly rental. Ideal for classrooms, home school groups, scout troops, etc. Each trunk contains a comprehensive teacher’s guide with information that meets the California History Social Science Standards and suggested activities, touchable artifacts, videos and more. Trunks are designed to enhance curriculum and to extend a child’s learning about Santa Clara Valley’s past.
- Traveling Trunk rentals cost $60 per month.
- To schedule a field trip or to rent a travelling trunk, please contact the Education Specialist at (408) 866-2718 or Email
- Immigration: Our Immigration Trunk allows students to travel with J.C. Ainsley as he emigrates from England to America, gaining an understanding of American immigration during the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Ohlone: The Ohlone Trunk focuses on the first inhabitants of the Santa Clara Valley and offers insight into their language, culture, economy, food and more.
- Orchards and Canneries: The Orchards and Canneries Trunk details the history of the Santa Clara Valley’s fruit producing and packing industry including the origins of orchards in the area and biographies of pioneer fruit canners, such as JC Ainsley.
- Pioneer: The Pioneer Trunk shares Benjamin Campbell's experience as he travels West to California on the 1846 wagon train and eventually establishes the community of Campbell, California.