Report a Crime
The Campbell Police Department’s online reporting system should only be used to report incidents that do not require immediate attention as the reporting system is not continuously monitored by police personnel. Using this system allows you to submit a police report immediately and to print a copy of the report for free.
*If this is an Emergency please call 911*
What Happens after I file a Report?
- REPORT your crime online. After you complete your report, you will see "Your Online Report Has Been Submitted."
- RECEIVE a temporary report. You will immediately be given a temporary transaction number. This is your confirmation number but notyour official police report number.
- APPROVAL of your report. If your report is approved, you will receive an email with the official police report number, This is the number you need to file with your insurance company.
When to File a Report Online
Crime that can be filed online usually do not require an in-person police response.
To file online, the following criteria must be met:
- This is not an Emergency situation.
- This incident occurred within the Campbell city limits. (Exception - Identity Theft)
- There are no known suspects or information about the crime that can be followed up on.
- Due to the nature of the reports filed - they have no known suspects or information to follow up on - we won’t be able to investigate most cases.
- All cases filed through the online reporting system will be reviewed and will help us track crime trends and patterns.
- The reports filed online are also usually the quickest and easiest way to get a report for your insurance company.
Powered by Coplogic’s Online Citizen Police Reporting
The Campbell Police Department prides itself on the service we provide to the community including sending officers to all types of calls for service. This online reporting system is not intended to replace personal contact by officers, but instead is envisioned as an additional tool for you to use to report crimes in the event that you do not wish personal contact by an officer.