The City of Campbell is seeking an experienced and qualified consultant, or consultant team, to prepare a Climate Action and Adaptation Plan to help reduce emissions and increase resiliency. Once completed, the CAAP will outline reduction targets that are consistent with California and Santa Clara County reduction goals and include implementation and monitoring strategies to achieve the reduction targets and requirements.
The RFP can be found here. The response deadline is 5:00PM on Thursday, December 21, 2023.
A pre-proposal conference will be held virtually on Wednesday, December 13, at 2:00PM. To be included, please email Tiffany Hudson at email@example.com.
Questions and Answers:
1. Does the City intend for the CAAP to be CEQA-qualified and provide streamlining and tiering benefits for discretionary projects? No.
2. Does the City require the consultant to complete a municipal operations GHG inventory? Yes, Campbell is intending to measure municipal operations emissions and community emissions. While some cities have focused on one or the other, Campbell will be focused on reducing emissions from both to meet State goals.
3. Can the City clarify the makeup of the "cross-divisional team" mentioned under Task 2? Because this plan will include municipal emissions and impact multiple departments and divisions within the City, a cross-divisional team will be created that includes Planning, Building, Public Works, Finance, Police, etc.
4. Can the City clarify what is meant by "model current metrics" and the deliverable "GHG Emissions Model Summary" under Task 3? Under this task, the City is expecting to understand emissions across sectors, such as building energy, water, transportation, waste, etc.
5. Under Task 4, can the City clarify the deliverable "Evaluation plans" and "Progress Reports?" By this, the City means outlining the approach the consulting team would take to conduct the vulnerability assessment and risk assessment, as well as keeping the team informed of any gaps in data or challenges completing the task.
6. Can the City clarify the difference between the deliverable "Draft reduction strategies" under Task 3 and the work conducted under Task 5? Task 3 would be a list of strategies and actions that might be considered as part of the plan, whereas Task 5 would include stakeholder feedback (from both the City and the community) and refining the list based on feasibility and timing of actions to meet State mandates.
7. The Meeting Attendance list on page 4 of the RFP includes "Anticipate attending at least two (2) ad-hoc subcommittee meetings." Can the City clarify how these ad hoc subcommittee meetings would be different from the stakeholder/advisory group meetings? There is not currently a subcommittee on Climate Action. If the Boars decide they would like to create one, members of the subcommittee would be a part of the advisory council that includes other stakeholders in the community.
Where Can I Learn More?