Annual Street Maintenance Project 2021
(Updated May 8, 2020)
The City of Campbell is responsible for maintaining approximately 95 miles of roadway. To help track the pavement condition of these streets, the City utilizes the Metropolitan Transportation Commission’s (MTC) StreetSaver Pavement Management Program.
Pavement management principles advocate that it is better from a “life-cycle” cost analysis to spend money on preventative maintenance measures when a street is in good or fair condition as opposed to corrective maintenance – waiting until the street deteriorates to poor condition where a more substantial form of rehabilitation, such as an overlay or reconstruction would be warranted.
The City of Campbell uses the following funding sources to help pay for the maintenance of its streets: Vehicle Impact Fees, Gas Tax, Measure B, and money from Campbell’s Capital Reserves. More recently, the City also receives funding from Senate Bill 1 (SB1), the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017.
The project will cover the following aspects:
- The streets listed in Exhibit A will receive a resurfacing treatment of either an asphalt concrete overlay, rubber cape seal, or slurry seal.
- Curb ramps on streets scheduled to receive an asphalt concrete overlay or a rubber cape seal will be upgraded to meet ADA.
- Pavement striping, markers and legends on each newly resurfaced street will be restored.
- Utility manhole and valve box covers that have sunken or have become depressed as a result of the project will be adjusted to finished grade.
- Public outreach and notification.
The list of locations provided in Exhibit A is preliminary and subject to further evaluation. Design for the project will begin soon.
|Design||May ’20 – Dec. ‘20|
|City Council Approval of Plans and Specifications||Jan. ‘21|
|Advertise for Bids||Feb. ‘21|
|Award Contract||Mar. '21|
|Construction||Apr. ’21 – Sep. ‘21|
Exhibit A: List of Candidate Streets for Resurfacing FY20/21 – Summary of candidate streets and their limits to be evaluated for street resurfacing the summer 2021.
Resolution No. 12574: A Resolution authorizing the use of FY20/21 RMRA funds for the Annual Street Maintenance – Collector & Residential Street Resurfacing Project.